Our services include
- New Thatch Roof Construction
- Design, Supply & Install Custom Built Timber Trusses
- Rational Fire Designs on New & Existing Thatch Roofs
- Roof design by our professional structural engineer
- Thatching advice, consultation and free quotations
- Low cost thatch roof insurance
- Maintenance services for extended guarantees
- Repair work and re-thatching of existing thatch roofs
- Fire prevention measures
- Drencher systems
- Pergolas for shading stoep and veranda areas
- Bamboo (spaanse riet) ceilings
- Specialists in the supply and installation of Tony Sandell roof windows and skylights
- Installation of false thatch inner roof with a standard tile or IBR outer roof.
- Wall panelling using tanalised (CCA) treated bluegum laths to create a warm and unique atmosphere
- Suppliers of treated poplar ceiling and floor timber
We can arrange for our broker to meet with the client to discuss the insurance company’s sophisticated services, which are tailored to individual customers. This takes into consideration such factors as additional safety measures including fire retardant thatching, drencher systems, dedicated hose reels, fireplace designs and proximity of the building to the nearest fire station. As South Africa’s only specialist thatch insurer, the company is able to offer significantly lower base rates and further automatic discounts for each of the above-mentioned built-in risk reduction measures.
- We use only high-quality, carefully selected Albertinia Winter Reed
- SABS approved pine poles are used: clear treated / tanolith treated, and treated poplar poles (on request)
- Only galvanised nails are used
- SABS approved bitumen treated thatch twine or galvanised or stainless steel binding wire
- Imported fire retardant blanket
- SABS approved 375 micron plastic and galvanised wire mesh for ridge capping
We are proud to offer a two year guarantee on all new thatch roof gazebos and a two year guarantee on thatch roof houses and bigger projects. If we are selected to service the roof within 24 months from finishing date, we will gladly extend your guarantee for a further three years.
LSM Structural engineers design all our house roof structures. This enables us to supply a complete set of constructions drawings to our clients and architects. Upon completion of a project a standard inspection is carried out and an engineer’s certificate issued.
Our service includes the installation of drencher piping for thatch roof including rational fire designs.